Poisonous food for dogs
Some of our four legged friends are clever thieves! But be careful – not everything your dog likes is also healthy!
Some of our human foods are an imminent risk for the dog´s health, even in small quantities.
Raisin / grapes
Cause vomiting, diarrhea, stomach ache to the point of renal failure.
Even 50 raisins or 30 grapes lead to an severe renal failure at a dog with a weight of 5 kg.
Its dangerous substances are still unknown, but even 4 nuts can be enough to cause acampsia, walking problems and liver failure.
Cracking the stones of apricots, plums and peaches releases hydrocyanic acid and cyanides, which the stones contain.
Contain amygdalin which during digestion is metabolized into hydrocyanic acid.
Especially dark chocolate contains theobromine which is very harmful for dogs. Just one bar of dark chocolate or coverture can kill a 5 kg dog!
Tomato & Peppers
Should just be fed overripe, because unripe fruits contain solanin, which could lead to lethargy/daze feeling, sickness, vomiting, hypersensitivity to sensory stimulus, handicapped breathing to the point of death.
Contain persin, a toxin for dogs. After absorption by the intestine the highest concentration in the blood is reached within 1 to 2 hours. Just a small dose effects an inflammation of the teats, higher doses lead to problems with the heart and to cardiac arrest.
Contains allicin. A whole garlic bulb is harmful for a dog with a weight of 10 kg. It leads to anemia by destruction of the blood cells.
The active component is n-propyldsulfid. It damages the blood cells and causes anemia. Especially affected breeds are akitas and shibas.
Xylit / xylitol or lignit
A substitute for sugar (artificial sweetener) present in diabetic products, tooth paste or similar products. It leads to liver damage and a decrease of the blood sugar level.
ALL THESE FOODSTUFFS ARE DANGEROUS RAW AS WELL AS COOKED!